Shazanna is an experienced IP and general commercial lawyer. Originally qualifying into the IP team at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, she has an in-depth understanding of client needs having in-house experience at IBM, Morgan Stanley, FTSE (where she headed up the Legal team globally) and most recently IRIS (where she also headed up the software company’s legal team). She has also attended London Business School. Prior to her corporate experience, Shazanna spent time working pro bono in New Orleans on death row defence cases.
She has advised on a broad range of legal issues from M&A, joint ventures, employment, data protection, intellectual property as well as competition law. She balances a strong technical grasp with commercial acumen providing legally sound workable solutions gaining her a seat at the Executive table. She was invited to speak at the Law Society’s inaugural in-house lawyers’ conference.
Shazanna’s experience includes:
- Successful acquisition and integration of 4 companies in 12 months at IRIS, including Kashflow.
- Creation of standard form contracts (on premise software, cloud and data licensing as well as confidentiality agreements).
- Drafting and negotiating Transitional Services Agreements.
- Competition Law review and in-house training to commercial teams (globally).
- Advising on outsourcing (including offshore).
- Advising on client audit (generating revenue).
"They really are top-notch."
|Phone.||0845 351 9097|
|Int Phone.||+44 203 059 6097|