If you need legal advice on a contract involving technology then we can provide it. We can advise you on licensing or buying hardware and software, integrating new systems or getting support for old ones.
We have worked with a whole range of technology companies and users of technology from FTSE 100 companies to innovative start-up businesses that focus on e-commerce activities or the latest cloud computing solutions. Our lawyers can advise you on the acquisition of new voice or data communication systems, or the redrafting of your terms and conditions.
Data protection has become a vital issue for every private sector company and public sector organisation. Our expertise will help you avoid a lapse in data protection policy that lands you on the front pages.
We can also advise IT companies on Company Law and HR issues.
As well as drafting and negotiating day-to-day commercial contracts in the IT sector, we also advise IT businesses on a range of company law issues and corporate transactions.
These services include:
- company formations,
- advice on general company law compliance and corporate governance,
- mergers and acquisitions,
- management buy-outs and buy-ins,
- joint ventures, and
- shareholders agreements.
Examples of recent transactions are:
- advising a financial services IT business on a restructuring and joint venture agreement. This transaction involved the formation of a new company, a joint venture agreement, new shareholders agreements and director services agreements.
- advising an IT company on the disposal of a subsidiary.
- advising an e-commerce company on the acquisition of a competitor business.
Human Resources Law
Effective management of HR legal issues is key to any business and IT companies are no exception. Our team advises on all aspects of employment law, covering issues experienced by IT businesses and also TUPE and related issues arising on either side of an outsourcing transaction.
These services include:
- Supporting clients through restructuring and change management processes, including assisting with the planning and implementation of collective redundancies, changing employees’ terms and conditions, and negotiating collective settlements.
- Drafting employment documentation including human resources policies, contracts, service agreements, and restraint and confidentiality clauses.
- Day-to-day HR Legal advice on employee and employer rights, workplace behaviour, and enforcement of company policies.
- Managing employee departures - planning and implementing termination procedures, negotiating and finalising exit packages, and drafting compromise agreements.
- Negotiation on business sales, acquisitions, and outsourcing projects, undertaking due diligence on M&A and advising on information and consulting obligations, TUPE aspects, and redundancy issues.
- Representing clients at Employment Tribunals and all associated preparatory work and advice.